Courts in South Africa
Vanderbijlpark Magistrate's Court Civil Section
The Civil Section of the Vanderbijlpark Magistrate’s Court is one of three judicial sections of the magistracy in Vanderbijlpark. The other two important components are the Criminal Section and the Family Courts. Equally important is the court administrative component without which the courts could scarcely function.
The Civil Section is tasked with the judicial hearing of all civil matters brought before it in terms of the Magistrate’s Court Act 32 of 1944. In addition the Equality Court created in terms of the Promotion of Equality and Prevention of Unfair Discrimination Act (Act 4 of 2000) is also part of the Civil Section.
The Civil Section is located on the First Floor of the Magistrate’s Court House situated at the corner of Frikkie Meyer Boulevard and Hertz Boulevard, Vanderbiljpark. The door number of the Civil Court is 25 and on certain days J-court is also utilized.
|COURT||NATURE OF CASES||WEEKDAYS SITTINGS||COMMENCEMENT TIME||CLERK OF THE COURT|
|CIVIL COURT||TRIAL ROLL||Mondays - Wednesdays||09h00||Tel: 016-9334351|
|CIVIL COURT||OPPOSED MOTIONS||Thursdays||09h00|
|CIVIL COURT||UNOPPOSED MOTIONS||Fridays||08h30|
|UNOPPOSED DEBT REVIEWS||Fridays||08h30|
- Debt Reviews – Practise Note 4 - 200kb
- Procedure on Eviction in terms of PIE - 74kb
- Synchronization of hearing dates in eviction applications in terms of Section 4(2) notice of the Pie-act, Rule 55(1), and Ex-Parte applications for directives on hearing and service - 335kb
- Pie- an Rule 55 Schematic Illustration - 263kb, updated 29 Nov 2016
- Notes on Rule 55(1)- Rule 55( 4) - 75kb
- Rule 55 Schematic Illustration - 184kb, updated 29 Nov 2016
- Guidelines on Sec 58 applications, Prescription under NCA & Enrollment - 338kb
- Checklist: Default applications where the underlying cause of action is based on a credit agreement, and Emolument Attachement Orders - 267kb
- Form A: Debt Counselor’s Affidavit [315kb]
- Form B: Statement of Affairs of Debtor in an Application for Debt Review in terms of section 86(7)(c) of The National Credit Act 34 of 2005 [506kb]
- Form C: Debt Review Index and Check list [194kb]
- Form D: Debt Review Pro Forma Court Order [227kb]
- To be announced
INFO ON THE CREDIT ACT